Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Strawberry Season!


 For most of the country strawberry season hasn't even began but down here in Florida it is drawing to an end and soon the strawberry picking season will be over.  I live in Hillsborough county which I recently discovered is the number three strawberry producer in the United States!  That is pretty cool for me because it means lots and lots of delicious strawberries!  Last year my husband and picked 16 pounds of strawberries and surprisingly it only took us about two hours.  It was a new experience for both of us; we both had a lot of fun and actually I found it to be quite relaxing!  This year I went with a few of my friends and picked about 12 pounds of strawberries!  Only for $0.50 a pound!  You can't beat that price and they are some of the juiciest most delicious strawberries I have ever had!  I think that picking strawberries is going to become a yearly tradition!  In celebration of these delicious berries being in season I will be sharing a series of recipes made with strawberries over the next few weeks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 The Randomness of Me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena